Sunday 10 October 2010

welly rash

Whenever you think of summer music always comes to mind, and there is no better place to see some great music is at the good old festivals. I technically went to two festivals this year (well only two if you consider a evening at the i tunes festival a real 'festival). I basically applied for every gig at the i tunes festival but I really wanted to see Mumford & Sons and Florence and the Machine, I didn't get those tickets but I did win some tickets for Ellie Goulding. I am pretty lucky with i tunes festival tickets really, this is the second year in a row I have won some, got to see ou est le swimming pool  and Friendly fires last year. Ellie Goulding was surprisingly good I heard her stuff on the radio but never really listened to her much before well worth seeing even if it was a fee gig!


Now here comes the real festival, one were you camp, don't clean for 5 days, hate using toilets, and lots and lots of mud. Reading festival wooo! I wasn't planning on going to reading this year but right at the last minute a mate of mine couldn't go and I brought his tickets, and boy am I glad I brought them. The four days were amazing so many great bands highlights definitely had to be Kele, Marina and the Diamonds, Dizzie Rascal, The cribs, Weezer, Blink 182 and my personal favourites Mumford & Sons. They are by far my favourite band bring back  folk music I say. This year reading turned to mud so much mud, my wellys were needed everyday. However four days of wellys and shorts does not create a good mix, leading to a bad welly rash (the hair on my legs has only just grown back).


Just got to decide what festival to go to next year now?
(pictures to come)





No comments:

Post a Comment